Saturday, March 1, 2014

17. Connecting to Community

I have followed the MN 511 website for close to 10 years now. In the winter it seems like I drive just as much as I do in the summer, mainly visiting family, so it was always a good way to check the safety of the roads. Overall I feel the Sheriff department does a good job of reporting the conditions of the roads as they drive along. So I was a happy camper when I found out there was an MN 511 app for my phone. Besides road conditions you can also check traffic congestion, handy if you are going down to the Twin Cities.

I like that City of Mankato 311 app. Boy would that be nice to have around the Iron Range. Potholes, broken traffic lights, we have those in spades around here.

The MN State Fair and MPR apps are also ones I plan on using in the future. The MPR Classical station as well as the normal one does not come in to well in the Gilbert area so this would be great to listen on my phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment